housing counseling

Ever wondered what to do when:

  • you are tired of renting?
  • you own a home but it’s not going well?
  • you can’t get your finances under control?
  • you are facing loss of income or major life changes?

Ask a housing counselor, they may be able to help.

Have questions about owning a home? We are also a housing counseling agency. We are listed on the HUD website under “HUD-Approved Housing Counseling Agencies”. If you need help, we offer FREE pre-purchase, post-purchase, and default counseling to anyone in our community. Just give us a call at 671-5600 ext 101 or email us at info@kulshanclt.org.

In financial distress and facing foreclosure? Please call the FREE foreclosure counseling hotline for Washington State at 1-877-894-HOME (4663). Low- to moderate-income homeowners may also be eligible for help from the statewide civil legal aid toll-free hotline. Call 1-800-606-4819.

Beware of foreclosure scams. You shouldn’t have to pay for foreclosure or housing counseling. If someone promises to “fix” your problems for a fee, please check the Washington Homeownership website to see if it is a scam. You shouldn’t have to pay for help from a housing counselor in Washington state.

Wondering about the nuts and bolts of the homebuying process? Check out our FREE Homebuyer Education classes. They are open to the public and held once a month. Please pre-register because the classes fill up quickly.